For Freshman or Sophomore partner university college students or second-year community college students
Did you graduate high school in 2014 or 2015? Are you currently enrolled in your first or second year at an Illinois partner university or in your second year of community college? If so, the Pathway Scholars Program may be for you!
Golden Apple Pathway Scholars receive a total of $14,000 - $18,500 in scholarships and stipend funds depending on the entry point.
- Tuition assistance of $5,000 per year for junior and senior years (paid directly to the Pathway Scholar's undergraduate institution). In addition, Freshmen Pathways also receive $2,500 for their sophomore year (2015, 2016, 2017)
- Professional development through Summer Institutes
- Exclusive access to online job board
- Mentoring through first two years of teaching after college
- Graduated from high school in 2014 or 2015.
- Currently attending one of 53 partner universities in Illinois – or – currently attending a community college in Illinois
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen (DACAmented student) and resident of Illinois.
- Have passed the TAP by January 2016, or have achieved an ACT composite score of 22+ including a 19+ in English/Writing (on the same test)
- Golden Apple Award-winning teachers select program finalists and schedule interviews January - February 2016.
- Accepted Scholars are notified in March 2016.
Complete the Online Self Nomination Form beginning August 1, 2015 in order to receive your application log in information. Nominations close January 8, 2016!