Academy of Educators
The Golden Apple Academy of Educators is the heart of Golden Apple.
Academy members, known as Fellows, are past recipients of the Golden Apple Award for Excellence in Teaching. The Academy is independent of any school district, union, government organization, professional association, and subject area or grade level. Its members come from public, religious and independent schools.
Through a commitment to recognition, renewal, recruitment and reform, we advocate excellent and effective education for all children.
The purpose of the Golden Apple Academy shall be to create and sustain a community of educators who work to advance the profession of teaching and deepen the learning of students.
Fulfilling that Mission and Purpose: What the Golden Apple Academy Does
The Academy serves its mission and fulfills its purpose in four ways:
- Creating programs through Golden Apple
- Entering into alliances with other organizations that share a similar mission, including those focused on:
Responding to local and national requests for assistance in Fellows' areas of expertise.
Creating and overseeing all Golden Apple programs in partnership with the Board of Directors, the Chief Academy Officer, and the Golden Apple staff. Academy Fellows are active in the Foundation with the following programs:
- Small and charter schools
- Early childhood education
- New teacher preparation
- Professional recognition and renewal
- Studying education issues and recommending public policy
- Golden Apple Awards for Excellence in Teaching & Leadership
- Golden Apple Scholars of Illinois
- Professional Development
- Golden Apple STEM Institute