High School Students Graduating in 2018
Golden Apple Scholars who enter the program out of High School receive up to $23,000 in scholarships and stipend funds:
- Tuition assistance of $2,500 per year for freshmen and sophomore years and $5,000 per year for junior and senior years (paid directly to the Scholar's undergraduate institution)
- Scholars also receive a $2,000 stipend for participation in each of four Summer Institute experiences
- Comprehensive job placement program that assists scholars finding employment during and after college
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen (DACAmented student) and resident of Illinois.
- Graduate high school in 2018
- Complete online application
- 2.5 GPA - school transcripts must be submitted to Golden Apple before applications are considered complete
- Standardized testing requirements:
- ACT: Prior to 9/1/15 – Composite score of 22 or higher and a minimum score of 19 on the Combined English/Writing portion; 9/1/15 and later – Composite score of 22 or higher and a minimum score of 16 on the Writing portion; 9/10/16 and later – Composite score of 22 or higher and a minimum score of 6 on the Writing portion or
- SAT: Prior to 3/5/16 – Composite score of 1030 (critical reading + mathematics=1030 or higher) and minimum score of 450 on writing and language; (3/5/16 and later): Composite score of 1110 (evidence-based reading and writing + mathematics = 1110 or higher) and a minimum score of 26 on writing and language
- *Taking either the ACT or SAT is acceptable. Superscoring is now available on ACT/SAT. If you do not have an overall passing composite score, the highest subject scores from each test will be added and divided by the total number of tests to form a composite score. Please email Licensure@isbe.net if you would like your tests superscored. Visit the ACT website or College Board for upcoming test dates. Scores must be submitted to Golden Apple before applications are considered complete.
- Golden Apple Award-winning teachers select program finalists and schedule interviews February through March 2018.
- Accepted Scholars are notified in early April 2018.
If selected as a Scholar, the completion requirements are: