The Explore Program
For first-year community college students
Are you currently a first-year community college student during 2016-2017 (taking college ready courses) and you graduated high school in 2015 or 2016? If so, the Explore Program might be right for you!
Explore students who are invited to become Pathway Scholars will receive a total of $14,000 in scholarships and stipend funds:
- Tuition assistance of $5,000 per year for junior and senior years (paid directly to the Pathway Scholar's undergraduate institution)
- Pathway Scholars also receive a $2,000 stipend for each Summer Institute (2017 and 2018)
- Must be legally present in the U.S. and a resident of Illinois
- Have taken (not necessarily passed) the TAP test or have achieved a 22 ACT composite test including a 19+ in English/Writing (on the same test), prior to June 2017
- The Explore candidate will attend one Summer Institute in June of 2017 (candidate receives a $2,000 stipend for participating)
Upon completion of the Summer Institute in June of 2017 a decision will be made by both Golden Apple and the Explore candidate regarding continuation in the Pathway Scholars Program.
Continuation in the Pathway Scholars Program is contingent upon the successful completion of the second year of community college and acceptance to a partner university in Illinois by fall of 2018 AND passing the TAP test or achieving a 22 ACT score, including the written section of the ACT.